POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animating light pulses following curved paths in an Optical CPU : Animating light pulses following curved paths in an Optical CPU Server Time
19 May 2024 17:06:58 EDT (-0400)
  Animating light pulses following curved paths in an Optical CPU
From: scam
Date: 10 Dec 2006 20:05:00
Message: <web.457cad8ac5c6b6f49626fb630@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I wish to make an animation of light pulses moving around an optical CPU.
The geometry consists of multiple curved paths, and looks something like
this (although the final version will be much more complicated):
http://guidetomp3players.com/images/heightfield2.png

The geometry is based on a 2D image essentially drawn by hand, and the
constituent curves are not defined mathematically so I can't easily
parameterize the paths. So what I think I need is a tool where I can trace
the geometry by hand and get as output paths that I could import into
POV-Ray for the light pulses to follow. Does anyone know of a tool/utility
that could do this?

Of course if someone can think of a better way to do it then I'd love to
hear your thoughts.

Cheers.